I’ve had this blog for years and I don’t think I ever formally introduced myself. So I’d like to take the time out on my 100th post to do so. I have 100 posts on here (wow) and yet so many unpublished either because I stopped and started, they were just too private for these inter webs or just because it was no longer relevant. But today, today is the day where this one is sent out into the world.
So first and foremost, Hi. My name is Victoria. My blog is Prepford Wife on every single forum on these inter webs. Here are some random facts about me that may pop up from time to time.
- I run a prep blog but I think many of the preppy brands (Lilly, Vineyard Vines and some of the J. Crew items) get a wee bit tacky. I have a more vested interest in classic personal style than duplicating outfits from pinterest (not that there is anything wrong with finding style inspo). It’s why a lot of the time you will see my clothes reworked in this space with the #stylenotbuy hashtag.
- I am married. I didn’t marry young. I just look 15. My husband is the most incredible man on the face of the planet and he is actually responsible for this blog’s punny little name.
- I am physically attracted to nice teeth. They are seriously the first thing I look at and as long as I find a persons teeth attractive I can find them attractive. My honey has the most gorgeous teeth in the world. See instagram: jcreweveryday
- I am a biologist by trade but also a firm believer in Christ. I believe in evolution and God simultaneously and find nature and its perfection just to be another reflection of God’s grace and order. “There is no conflict between the life of faith and the life of inquiry”.
- I am an INFJ like a large number of bloggers and its reflected in how I interact with others in real life and through the blog. I feel way too deeply and I carry a lot of other people’s baggage because I live a large part of my life internally. And yet, it doesn’t me from being outgoing. #outgoingintrovertprobs
- The husband and I are Harry Potter crazy. We had a (non-tacky) Harry Potter wedding which you can see here. We also have two appropriately named giant pooches; Remus Lupin the Irish Wolfhound mix and Sirius Black the Giant Schnoodle.
- I suffer from chronic second hand embarrassment. Ask anyone who has known me longer than three months. I get so embarrassed by tv shows that I end up watching them through my fingers. Why oh why would he choose to propose to her in front of allllll of her family?! Eeek. I also am privy to all of my friends embarrassing stories so they can watch me squirm.
- I’m allergic to shellfish, apples, latex, carrots, birch trees, dust, pollen, etc etc.
- I achieve flow in all that I do. Once I start on something, it’s the only thing in the world. I am thrown head long into it until I reach a good stopping point.
- I am a chronic triple sneezer.
New around here? Tell me something random about you that I didn’t know!