Today’s post is finally a DIY tutorial from the wire ears I made for meeting my shero, Minnie Mouse. You can see that post here. I saw a similar pair somewhere online and quickly whipped up a pair. Emphasis on quickly.
I made the first pair with the red ribbon in our hotel room at 2am and the second pair with the yellow flowers in five minutes before we had to run out of the room to the park. I feel like it’s safe to consider this a five minute diy.
Here are the quick steps for the floral crown ears seen above.
24 gauge Gold Jewelry Wire
Ribbon close to your hair color
Hot glue gun
1. Wrap jewelry wire around glass or other cylindrical container to form ears. Choose one that’s the size you ideally want your ears to be. I chose a larger glass because I wanted my ears to be able to be taller than my large hair if I decided to wear it out which didn’t happen because…humidity.
2. Make sure to leave enough wire to be able to wrap around your headband.
3. I chose headbands that were close to my hair color so that they would just blend in but you are welcome to choose a color that stands out or matches your color theme.
4. Cut off a piece of the floral wreath to fit in between your ears. Make sure to cut a piece that is visually interesting to you. For the park, I cut out the yellow piece since that’s the color I was more interested in wearing that day.
5. Place your headband and wreath together to make sure the fit is right then hot glue your headband to the part of the wreath you cut. Then wrap a piece of the ribbon that you bought around the headband weaving in and out of your wreath to tighten it. Since Florida is so hot, you could have loose hot glue. The ribbon fortifies it and also provides cushion so the wire ears don’t stab you.
And Voila you have yourself a pair of ears. I won’t do a tutorial for the ribbon ears but you do make them the same way. Just sub out the wreath with really big bow.
Now go out into the Disney World and hear all the things with your new shiny ears.